Monday, May 17, 2010

Christy's having surgery tomorrow

If you have known me for, oh, 10 minutes max, you've heard me say something about my bestie, my right arm the left one too, the greatest blessing God has ever given me, my partner in the world: Christy, aka BeFri. For those of you who might not have grown up in the '80s (bless you), but we all had the best friend charms that say: Best Friend. You take half and your bestie takes half and part of it says BeFri and the other half says Stend. Get it? Well, we couldn't remember who had which part and I've always just called Christy, BeFri. Now our guy friends, being the superb spellers and giant smart-asses they are, they call her Bee Fry. I digress tho.

So at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon, BeFri is having surgery to hopefully take care of her diverticulitis. They are going to cut out the infected part of her colon and fuse it back together, if I understand correctly. This is a major dealio here but it is going to make my BeFri feel tons and tons better and get her back to her perky self!!! Thank you sweet Lord!!!! She has been hurting and sick since November and it's been so horribly awful to see her suffer. I'm the one who's supposed to be sick, not her.

Tomorrow, at 1:00 I truly do need for the world to stop and pray for the anestesiologists, the doctors, the nurses, and my BeFri. I'm not being a smarty, I'm serious. To me this is the most important thing there is and I need everyone and everything to stop and pray and don't stop praying until they tell us she's awake, ok, and in recovery. THEN I need you to pray for a full and speedy recovery. The surgery should only take 3 hours, that's not very long. Really, is that too much to ask? I mean, my world is stopping, isn't everyone else's?

And no, I'm not worried, not at all. My trust and faith is fully in God's hands, and I know without a doubt He will be standing there with His healing hands on her with entire time. My problem is that I missed the patience line in Heaven, knowing me I was in the bathroom when God was handing that out, and I don't wait well, especially when it comes to my BeFri. I'm like a Mother Lion, on crack, when it comes to her and I just get snippy and nervous and quite awful when it comes to things with her.

Ok so that's what's going on here. I'll be hitting I-20 West bound in the morning. Please pray for my safe journey over as well. My plan is to come home tomorrow night and go back later in the week/weekend.

Thanks y'all, have a great night!
Peace out--
Shann

1 comment:

  1. Prayers will be going up for surgery and recovery! And a special prayer for you to stay calm and not show out too much! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete